Artificial Intelligence and Law
June 4 – June 8, 2007
Palo Alto, CA USA
Registration InformationWorkshops and tutorials. Workshops and tutorials are included in the full conference registration fee. To help with planning, please be sure to check those you mean to attend on the registration form. If you are coming to ICAIL only for one workshop, you may register for one-day attendance. There may be a charge for workshop and tutorial notes, depending on the length and format of the materials for each session.
- Monday reception. All registrants are invited to the opening reception, which will be in the Crocker Garden of the Law School. The conference registration desk will be open during the reception.
- Wednesday conference banquet. The conference banquet, sponsored by Thomson West, is included in the registration fee for those attending the full conference. Extra tickets, at $65, may be puchased for guests and one-day registrants.
Registration Categories and
- Full conference or one-day registration. Full registration includes attendance at all sessions including workshops and tutorials, buffet lunch each day, the conference reception and banquet, and a copy of the proceedings. One-day registration includes attendance on a single day (specified if possible on the registration form), lunch on that day, and the opening reception. A one-day registration used on Monday or Friday does not include the main conference proceedings.
- Discount for full-time students. Full-time students are eligible to register at a reduced rate. To qualify, please enter you university and your degree program in the "remarks" box of the registration form, and bring your student identification with you to the conference.
- Dates. Registration rates will vary according to the following schedule. The conference registration system runs on Amsterdam time.
- Early - through May 4
- Regular - through May 27
- Late or on site - thereafter
Registration Fees (in
On-line Registration Instructions
- To register, click on the REGISTER NOW link
below. You will enter the ConfTool login page, where you
must select "Register new" to create a ConfTool account,
if you have not already done so. Once your account is
created and you are logged in, you will go to the Welcome
page. (You should remember your login ID and password in
case you need to login to ConfTool again at a later
time.) At the Welcome page, select "Register as a
participant", and follow the steps below.
- Step 1. Select your registration category from the
drop-down menu, and proceed to Step 2.
- Step 2. Enter your selections
- Select any workshops or tutorials you will
attend, and if desired order parking passes (see
Parking information below) and extra tickets for the
- In the Payment Details section, select "Via credit card (PayPal)". This is required in order to continue the process.
- In the Miscellaneous section, please enter the following information in Remark of Participant:
- Your name and affiliation as you would like it to appear on your badge
- If registering as a full time student, your university, department, and degree program
- If registering for a single day on
Tuesday-Thursday, indicate which day if known
- Proceed to Step 3
- Select any workshops or tutorials you will attend, and if desired order parking passes (see Parking information below) and extra tickets for the conference dinner.
- Step 3. Review your registration information and if you wish to continue, click the Submit and Register Now button.
- Step 4. Click Buy Now to get to PayPal.
- Once you enter PayPal, you can ignore the request for
a PayPal login id and password. Follow the PayPal
instructions for entering your credit card information
and confirming your purchase.
Click here to REGISTER NOW
Parking. Parking on campus is difficult, especially because of construction near the Law School. The most convenient lots (those requiring an "A" permit) are available to visitors only on weekends and after 4 p.m. on weekdays. For all-day visitor parking, the lot nearest the Law School is just south of Tresidder Union (lot L-39 on the parking map). It charges $12 a day or $1.50 an hour; credit cards are accepted. As a cheaper alternative you may order daily parking passes, at $4 a day, for the Event Parking section of the Track House lot (lot L-95, near the stadium, on the parking map). From this lot the walk up Galvez Street to the Law School is about 0.75 mile. Or you can walk up Galvez to the Alumni Center, take the B line of the Marguerite shuttle, and get off at Alvarado Row.
- Parking passes for the Track House lot may be ordered on the registration form or purchased at the conference. If you need a pass to use before you check in at the conference, please include a remark to that effect on your registration form and if possible say where you will be staying.